Good Attic Insulation can Conquer Rising Energy Costs
Attic insulation is a crucial component of reducing energy costs. If your home is 10 – 15 years old, it may not be as insulated as it should be. This can result in major energy loss, especially from the attic. A well-insulated home can significantly reduce your utility bills throughout the year. Lansford Roofing Inc. can help you save your money, by including AttiCat™ Expanding Blown-In Insulation with your green energy efficient house plans.
With AttiCat™ Attic Insulation you can:
Save up to 20% on your home’s heating and cooling energy costs by insulating and air sealing. (Savings will vary depending on your location and weather conditions. This air flow research calculation of energy savings is based on a 1700 sq. ft., single-story home, with base case insulation and air leakage levels equivalent to the average home built in 1965.)
- Earn a 10% tax credit up to $500
- Increase the comfort of your home during extreme heat
- Increase your home’s resale value
Quick and Easy Attic Insulation
- Covers entire attic in less than 1.5 hours (1000 sq. ft. attic with R-30)
- R-30 insulation energy savings
- AttiCat™ Expanding Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS™ Insulation provides optimum insulating R-value for your climate zone
- Provides complete coverage, even around pipes, wires and outlets
AttiCat™ Expanding Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS™ Insulation releases and expands completely inside the machine. As the insulation bounces its way up to your attic, it is further conditioned through the length of the hose, breaking it up and fluffing it, creating millions of tiny air pockets that give the material its insulating power.
- Easy clean-up because the machine does the work
- Low-dust system
No Settling, High-Value Retention
- AttiCat™ Expanding Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS™ insulation will not settle like other attic insulation
- Keeps its energy saving R-value over time
Safe and Reliable
AttiCat™ Expanding Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS™ Insulation is non-combustible and meets all building codes for non-combustibility.
Non-corrosive. Doesn’t require fire-retardant chemicals which can leach out, promoting corrosion of pipes, electrical equipment or structural metal attachments.
Doesn’t support mold growth. Inorganic glass fibers do not support fungus or mold growth. Will not rot or decay. (Fiber glass is resistant to mold growth, as tested per ASTM C 1338. However, mold growth can occur on building materials, including insulation, when it becomes contaminated with organic material and when water is present. To avoid mold growth on fiber glass attic insulation, remove any water that has accumulated and correct or repair the source of that water. Insulation that has become wet should be inspected for evidence of residual moisture and contamination. Contaminated insulation should be promptly removed and replaced.)
Won’t absorb moisture. Moisture reduces attic insulation effectiveness. Glass fibers resist moisture build-up.
AttiCat™ Expanding Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS™ Insulation works on the principle of trapped air pockets. Tiny air pockets trapped in the insulation resist the passage of heat flow—heat loss in winter and heat gain in summer. Generally, the thicker the attic insulation, the more air pockets and the greater the insulating power.
- AttiCat™ Insulation is a great option for your arsenal of energy efficient housing ideas!